Smirnoff melts world's largest ice cube in £100k stunt
LONDON - Diageo will give away £100,000 in a massive publicity stunt in the heart of London's financial district this week to relaunch its Smirnoff Black Ice vodka product.
The company will freeze £100,000 into the world's biggest ice cube, which will sit in the middle of a secure site in Broadgate Arena in the City of London for 48 hours from 10am on Wednesday July 21.
The 2.5-metre squared block of ice contains 100 bottles of Smirnoff Black Ice, each containing a £500 cash token. Members of the public will be given one minute to retrieve bottles containing the prizes from the ice block using only their hands.
The person who is in the enclosure when the ice melts away to reveal a reward alarm will walk away with a £50,000 cash prize. Members of the public will be able to queue and take part through the night until the block of ice has melted and all prizes have been claimed. A team of Marines will oversee the event round the clock.
Diageo will also be distributing samples of the new Smirnoff Black Ice. The event can be followed at Vicinitee by clicking on the webcam.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...