Smirnoff melts world's largest ice cube in £100k stunt
LONDON - Diageo will give away £100,000 in a massive publicity stunt in the heart of London's financial district this week to relaunch its Smirnoff Black Ice vodka product.
The company will freeze £100,000 into the world's biggest ice cube, which will sit in the middle of a secure site in Broadgate Arena in the City of London for 48 hours from 10am on Wednesday July 21.
The 2.5-metre squared block of ice contains 100 bottles of Smirnoff Black Ice, each containing a £500 cash token. Members of the public will be given one minute to retrieve bottles containing the prizes from the ice block using only their hands.
The person who is in the enclosure when the ice melts away to reveal a reward alarm will walk away with a £50,000 cash prize. Members of the public will be able to queue and take part through the night until the block of ice has melted and all prizes have been claimed. A team of Marines will oversee the event round the clock.
Diageo will also be distributing samples of the new Smirnoff Black Ice. The event can be followed at Vicinitee by clicking on the webcam.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Search Marketing Executive (PPC & SEO) Salt £30000 - £35000 per annum + bens, London
- Campaign Reporting & Performance Major Players £50000 - £55000 per annum + bouns / bens, London
- INTEGRATED DESIGNER - BIRMINGHAM - £30K Salt £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Digital Marketing - FT/PT Krooter £18k - 20k per year, City of Edinburgh
- Experiential Account Manager (5 weeks) Stopgap £150 - £160 per day, London