Northcliffe Newspapers buys Bargain Pages for £8.5m
LONDON - Northcliffe Newspapers Group, the regional division of the Daily Mail & General Trust, has acquired West Midlands classified advertising publisher Bargain Pages for £8.5m.
The Birmingham-based company had a turnover of £3.6m in the financial year to December 31 2003. It publishes three editions, which cover Birmingham, the Black Country and Coventry, with a combined weekly sale of 49,500 copies.
Separately, DMGT Radio Australia is selling a portfolio of 57 regional radio stations to Regional Media Pty, a member of the Macquarie Bank Group for £77m.
The deal does not include DMGT's recently launched stations Hot 91, Sunshine Coast or Star 1045 on the central coast of New South Wales. It also excludes metropolitan stations in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Executive air recruitment Up to £22K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London