Northcliffe Newspapers buys Bargain Pages for £8.5m
LONDON - Northcliffe Newspapers Group, the regional division of the Daily Mail & General Trust, has acquired West Midlands classified advertising publisher Bargain Pages for £8.5m.
The Birmingham-based company had a turnover of £3.6m in the financial year to December 31 2003. It publishes three editions, which cover Birmingham, the Black Country and Coventry, with a combined weekly sale of 49,500 copies.
Separately, DMGT Radio Australia is selling a portfolio of 57 regional radio stations to Regional Media Pty, a member of the Macquarie Bank Group for £77m.
The deal does not include DMGT's recently launched stations Hot 91, Sunshine Coast or Star 1045 on the central coast of New South Wales. It also excludes metropolitan stations in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)