Northcliffe Newspapers buys Bargain Pages for £8.5m
LONDON - Northcliffe Newspapers Group, the regional division of the Daily Mail & General Trust, has acquired West Midlands classified advertising publisher Bargain Pages for £8.5m.
The Birmingham-based company had a turnover of £3.6m in the financial year to December 31 2003. It publishes three editions, which cover Birmingham, the Black Country and Coventry, with a combined weekly sale of 49,500 copies.
Separately, DMGT Radio Australia is selling a portfolio of 57 regional radio stations to Regional Media Pty, a member of the Macquarie Bank Group for £77m.
The deal does not include DMGT's recently launched stations Hot 91, Sunshine Coast or Star 1045 on the central coast of New South Wales. It also excludes metropolitan stations in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire