Northcliffe Newspapers buys Bargain Pages for £8.5m
LONDON - Northcliffe Newspapers Group, the regional division of the Daily Mail & General Trust, has acquired West Midlands classified advertising publisher Bargain Pages for £8.5m.
The Birmingham-based company had a turnover of £3.6m in the financial year to December 31 2003. It publishes three editions, which cover Birmingham, the Black Country and Coventry, with a combined weekly sale of 49,500 copies.
Separately, DMGT Radio Australia is selling a portfolio of 57 regional radio stations to Regional Media Pty, a member of the Macquarie Bank Group for £77m.
The deal does not include DMGT's recently launched stations Hot 91, Sunshine Coast or Star 1045 on the central coast of New South Wales. It also excludes metropolitan stations in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...