FT and Sony Ericsson launch mobile global news service
LONDON - The Financial Times and Sony Ericsson are launching a new mobile service offering consumers up-to-date global business and financial news, comment and analysis from FT.com on their mobile phones.
The service will be available worldwide starting on Wednesday September 22 from the SonyEricsson website.
Sony Ericsson mobile phone users can get breaking global news from FT.com delivered directly to their phone at any chosen time.
The service is sold through Sony Ericsson's Fun & Downloads portal as a 30-day subscription package for €5 or $5. Sony Ericsson users will be able to try before they buy, with a one-day trial subscription downloadable via Wap.
Steven Trew, head of FT Mobile, said: "FT.com's extensive reach is expanded once again by this deal. Our award-winning news, comment and analysis can now be accessed by Sony Ericsson customers whenever they choose."
The one-click service offers easy navigation and is actively updated throughout the day with the latest news.
"Offering a premium news service on our phones is of course a great benefit for us, further adding to the vast capabilities of our products", Toon Diependaele, digital marketing director at Sony Ericsson, said. "The FT.com service is easy to sign up to from our Fun & Downloads portal, offers good value for money and offers instant benefits for the users of Sony Ericsson phones."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Account Executive - Get creative with your Corporate PR Major Players £20000 - £24000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Ecommerce Marketing Executive Stopgap £25000 - £32000 per annum, Berkshire
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Store Design Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Brand Marketing Manager lastminute.com Competitive with great benefits, Farringdon