FT and Sony Ericsson launch mobile global news service
LONDON - The Financial Times and Sony Ericsson are launching a new mobile service offering consumers up-to-date global business and financial news, comment and analysis from FT.com on their mobile phones.
The service will be available worldwide starting on Wednesday September 22 from the SonyEricsson website.
Sony Ericsson mobile phone users can get breaking global news from FT.com delivered directly to their phone at any chosen time.
The service is sold through Sony Ericsson's Fun & Downloads portal as a 30-day subscription package for €5 or $5. Sony Ericsson users will be able to try before they buy, with a one-day trial subscription downloadable via Wap.
Steven Trew, head of FT Mobile, said: "FT.com's extensive reach is expanded once again by this deal. Our award-winning news, comment and analysis can now be accessed by Sony Ericsson customers whenever they choose."
The one-click service offers easy navigation and is actively updated throughout the day with the latest news.
"Offering a premium news service on our phones is of course a great benefit for us, further adding to the vast capabilities of our products", Toon Diependaele, digital marketing director at Sony Ericsson, said. "The FT.com service is easy to sign up to from our Fun & Downloads portal, offers good value for money and offers instant benefits for the users of Sony Ericsson phones."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...