Universal McCann picks up £20m SC Johnson UK work
LONDON - Universal McCann has won SC Johnson's £20m UK media planning and buying business following a global pitch.
It is understood that the global account, worth £200m, will be split between Interpublic Group agencies Initiative Media and Universal McCann, with McCanns charged with handling the UK account.
Initiative already handles SC Johnson's media in the US, while Universal McCann also handles Australia.
The Interpublic agencies won the business after a pitch against incumbent ZenithOptimedia. ZenithOptimedia had held the account since 1997, after winning it from CIA.
The win will partially make up for McCanns' loss of the £43m Sky Media account to MediaCom recently and adds to a raft of wins for the agency, including The Telegraph Group, RHM, More Th>n and H&M.
The pitch was called from the US at the beginning of the year, when the company said that it wanted to move the business into a single network.
SC Johnson is owned by the Johnson family, employs 9,500 people in 70 countries. However, around 60% of its business is now outside the US. Brands include Glade, Pledge, Mr Muscle and Toilet Duck.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- International Search Manager (SEO / PPC) - Client - London Digital Gurus £30000 - £40000 Per Annum benefits, London