Direct news: Direct choice - Mothercare
It's not often you receive a piece of direct mail that you can 'play around' with. This mix 'n' match booklet from Mothercare encourages just that, grabbing the recipient's attention for much longer than an average piece of direct mail.
For any parent who has had to endure mind-bending mornings trying to clothe toddlers according to their own sophisticated tastes, this mailing is endearingly empathetic.
Displaying an intimate understanding of its target audience, the mailing builds on the idea of the little angels' tendencies to dress themselves in their own particular fashion and then dig their heels in (usually pink plastic heels) when you point out that this might not be the best get-up for a wet day in the park.
Mothercare needed to do something to shore up its position in an increasingly competitive market - and this is a good start. The creative ensures the parent feels that someone who understands their world is communicating to them and knows that toddlers are just the best - most of the time.
At the same time, the booklet provides a showcase for Mother-care's range of products that looks better than anything I've seen in its stores for a while.
Direct agency: OgilvyOne.
This article was first published on Marketing
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...