Redbus launches outdoor company targeting students
LONDON – UK media company Redbus Outdoor has launched Xsites, a nationwide illuminated six-sheet network targeting 18- to 24-year-old students, and has already secured its first major campaign with Sony Ericsson.
Xsites has excusive long-term agreements with UK universities including Birmingham, Bristol, Durham, Edinburgh, Leeds and Southampton among others, to advertise to its student population via outdoor six-sheet posters on campuses.
As well as securing the Sony Ericsson deal through Mediadge:cia, Xsites has also booked KPMG and United International Pictures through Posterscope for 2004.
Redbus also has an exclusive arrangement with the National Union of Students and can advertise on NUS university union sites.
Antony Ceravolo, director of corporate at Redbus, said: "We saw a gap in the 18-24 outdoor offering and see this network as providing a premium platform to advertisers looking to access the youth market in a low-wastage and captive environment."
Redbus Outdoor is a subsidiary of Redbus, the UK-based media and entertainment company that owns Redbus Filmed Entertainment, which was behind films such as 'Bend it like Beckham'.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...