Sony Ericsson pushes camera phones at Empire Awards
LONDON – Mobile phone giant Sony Ericsson is to sponsor the 10th annual Empire Film Awards for the third year running to promote imaging and entertainment on its latest range of camera phones.
The Empire Awards, which claim to be the only awards ceremony voted for by the cinema-going public, regularly attracts a host of A-list stars with past attendees including Dustin Hoffman, Ewan McGregor and Cameron Diaz.
Sony Ericsson will also sponsor an award, which will be announced nearer the date of the show in March 2005.
MEC:Sponsorship, part of the Mediaedge:cia group, brokered the deal with Emap Advertising and Sony Ericsson. It will also oversee a series of advertorials leading up to the event, where readers can win a Sony Ericsson S700i camera phone.
Sony Ericsson's PR agency Band & Brown Communications will be working alongside the Empire Award's agency Premier PR to raise awareness of the sponsorship.
The ceremony is being held at The Guildhall on March 13 2005. Voting forms will be available in the February issue of Empire magazine.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Manager-Corporate Display Advertising Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + excellent bonus & benefits, London
- Planning Director - London Dynamic New Alliances £80000.00 - £90000.00 per annum, City of London
- Middleweight/Senior Graphic Designer Source £23000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Project Manager 383 Dependent on Experience, West Midlands