Sony Ericsson pushes camera phones at Empire Awards
LONDON – Mobile phone giant Sony Ericsson is to sponsor the 10th annual Empire Film Awards for the third year running to promote imaging and entertainment on its latest range of camera phones.
The Empire Awards, which claim to be the only awards ceremony voted for by the cinema-going public, regularly attracts a host of A-list stars with past attendees including Dustin Hoffman, Ewan McGregor and Cameron Diaz.
Sony Ericsson will also sponsor an award, which will be announced nearer the date of the show in March 2005.
MEC:Sponsorship, part of the Mediaedge:cia group, brokered the deal with Emap Advertising and Sony Ericsson. It will also oversee a series of advertorials leading up to the event, where readers can win a Sony Ericsson S700i camera phone.
Sony Ericsson's PR agency Band & Brown Communications will be working alongside the Empire Award's agency Premier PR to raise awareness of the sponsorship.
The ceremony is being held at The Guildhall on March 13 2005. Voting forms will be available in the February issue of Empire magazine.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...