Glue named Best Digital Agency at IPA BOB Awards
LONDON – Glue has won Best Digital Agency at the IPA's Best of the Best Awards, based on consistently good work during 2004.
Glue's work on T-Mobile, COI, Unilever Bestfoods, Royal Marines and Virgin Money helped it to win the award.
OMD was awarded Best Media Agency for its work for clients Hasbro Action Man, Vodafone, Rimmel London, Bakers Complete, Felix, Eurostar, Starbucks, British Heart Foundation, Yahoo!, Nissan, Apple iPod, Sony AIWA, Reuters, Columbia Tristar, Virgin Money, Virgin Trains and AA Loans, as well as its own UFO research project.
Lord Bell, chairman of Chime Communications and chairman of the BOB judges, said: "There were clear winners in each category. The judges did all the work and my job was fairly easy. I think the BOBs are a great idea -- the pursuit of excellence is what our business is all about and the BOBs ensure proper recognition for some excellent winners."
BBH's work for clients including Audi, Lever Faberge Lynx, Robinsons, Britvic, Department of Health and Sony Ericsson helped it to take the top prize among the large creative agencies.
Best creative agency in the Small category was won by Wieden & Kennedy London for its work on Honda UK and Nike.
Proximity London was awarded Best Direct Marketing/Integrated Agency for Volkswagen Group, TV Licensing, Eurostar, Masterfoods, Persil and Royal Mail.
Rory Sutherland, chairman of the IPA's Creative Forum, and chairman and creative director of OgilvyOne Worldwide, said: "The BOBs are important to the industry as they give us a rare chance to reward consistency of work rather than just singularities -- and without confining our work to just one department or a few individuals."
The 2004 BOB Awards were sponsored by Beam TV.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...