World Writers pairing nets Computing prize
A poster campaign for Compuwear, the world’s first wearable portable computer, has won the Campaign/Computing magazine competition for best ad for an imaginary IT product of the future.
A poster campaign for Compuwear, the world’s first wearable
portable computer, has won the Campaign/Computing magazine competition
for best ad for an imaginary IT product of the future.
The three posters, written by James Singer and art directed by Emmanuel
Boronaud of World Writers, promote items of clothing that double as
One features a woman wearing trousers that have a keyboard on each leg
with the line, ’Introducing the world’s first laptop computer’, while
another shows a picture of a shirt with the word ’off’ and one of a man
wearing a shirt with the word ’on’.
The third shows a half-naked man accompanied by the line, ’What? Have
you never seen an executive without his computer?’
The brief was to come up with a product in the IT field that will be
around in 2023 - when Campaign celebrates its 55th and Computing its
50th anniversary - and to produce a campaign for it.
There were 12 entries and the prize is a trophy and a long weekend in
Entries were judged by a panel of creatives and IT marketers chaired by
Robert Campbell, creative partner at Rainey Kelley Campbell Roalfe.
’There is a feeling in advertising that the computer industry is crammed
with good products that are not marketed very well - and perhaps we hope
to show that can be changed,’ Campbell said.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Account Director - Small but Perfectly Formed Creative Agency Speckled Frog £40-45k, Soho London
- Marketing Director Drayton Partners Ltd £Competitive plus strong package, Southall, West of London
- Commercial Product Marketing Manager - Gaming Lipton Fleming £45000.00 per annum + Bonus and company benefits, London