NSPCC asks adland party-goers to donate to Full Stop
The NSPCC is calling on the advertising industry to help with the latest salvo in its Full Stop campaign, the ’party for children’.
The NSPCC is calling on the advertising industry to help with the
latest salvo in its Full Stop campaign, the ’party for children’.
The initiative, supported by Campaign, seeks to capitalise on the
festive season by asking people who are hosting or going to a party to
raise funds as part of their event. The advertising industry, with its
reputation for hosting spectacular parties, has been identified as a
target. ’Party for children’ is the latest in a series of ’milestones’
for the campaign, which aims to raise pounds 250 million.
The idea of targeting the ad industry came from the industry
representatives on the charity’s appeal board, led by Omnicom
vice-chairman, Peter Mead, who is also the vice-chairman of the Full
Stop appeal under the Duke of York.
Michael Birkin, the worldwide president and chief executive of Omnicom’s
DAS unit, and Martin Sorrell, the group chief executive of WPP, are also
on the board.
Nick Booth, the campaign director for Full Stop at the NSPCC, explained:
’The idea came from the advertising industry. The one place where you
tend to get all the best parties is the communications industry, and we
want them to challenge each other to see who can raise the most.’
A special fund-raising pack has been sent out to members of the public
which includes ideas on how to raise money through the party and a Full
Alex Batchelor of Interbrand Newell & Sorrell, said: ’The agencies could
be encouraged to come together and back the initiative as a way of
saying, ’we all do well and also spend a lot on parties - here is a
chance as a one-off to achieve something worthwhile, and enjoy doing
Agencies wishing to participate should contact Georgina Carter on 0171-
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)