NSPCC asks adland party-goers to donate to Full Stop
The NSPCC is calling on the advertising industry to help with the latest salvo in its Full Stop campaign, the ’party for children’.
The NSPCC is calling on the advertising industry to help with the
latest salvo in its Full Stop campaign, the ’party for children’.
The initiative, supported by Campaign, seeks to capitalise on the
festive season by asking people who are hosting or going to a party to
raise funds as part of their event. The advertising industry, with its
reputation for hosting spectacular parties, has been identified as a
target. ’Party for children’ is the latest in a series of ’milestones’
for the campaign, which aims to raise pounds 250 million.
The idea of targeting the ad industry came from the industry
representatives on the charity’s appeal board, led by Omnicom
vice-chairman, Peter Mead, who is also the vice-chairman of the Full
Stop appeal under the Duke of York.
Michael Birkin, the worldwide president and chief executive of Omnicom’s
DAS unit, and Martin Sorrell, the group chief executive of WPP, are also
on the board.
Nick Booth, the campaign director for Full Stop at the NSPCC, explained:
’The idea came from the advertising industry. The one place where you
tend to get all the best parties is the communications industry, and we
want them to challenge each other to see who can raise the most.’
A special fund-raising pack has been sent out to members of the public
which includes ideas on how to raise money through the party and a Full
Alex Batchelor of Interbrand Newell & Sorrell, said: ’The agencies could
be encouraged to come together and back the initiative as a way of
saying, ’we all do well and also spend a lot on parties - here is a
chance as a one-off to achieve something worthwhile, and enjoy doing
Agencies wishing to participate should contact Georgina Carter on 0171-
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- Business Director Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum, London