Childline appoints Delaney Fletcher to create cinema ads
The children’s charity, Childline, has appointed Delaney Fletcher Bozell to create a cinema campaign as part of a drive to raise awareness in the face of the NSPCC’s heavyweight ’full stop’ advertising.
The children’s charity, Childline, has appointed Delaney Fletcher
Bozell to create a cinema campaign as part of a drive to raise awareness
in the face of the NSPCC’s heavyweight ’full stop’ advertising.
It is the first time that the charity, which offers a non-interventional
counselling service to children, has appointed an agency.
Delaney Fletcher contacted Childline with an advertising idea and was
handed the account without a competitive pitch.
Paul Cowan, marketing director of Delaney Fletcher, said the aim of the
advertising will be to raise adult awareness of the charity and boost
donations. He said: ’Kids are aware of Childline, but it’s further down
on adults’ shopping lists in terms of donations. It needs money to run
The cinema campaign is expected to break in the run-up to Christmas, and
TV work is also being discussed. Media will be bought by Bozell’s UK
media outfit, BJK&E.
Cowan said the advertising will not confront adults with heart-rending
images: ’We are trying to play on the audience’s imagination and with
their intellect. We want to make them think about child abuse rather
than confront them with over-emotional images. It is easy to go so
wildly over the top that people don’t tune in to the ad.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)