Rising star Eva Mendes picked for Dolce & Gabbana campaign
LONDON - Eva Mendes, star of the latest Will Smith film 'Hitch', has been snapped up by Italian fashion label Dolce & Gabbana to front its latest ad campaign.
The voluptuous Cuban-American actress, who also appeared in 2003's 'The Fast and the Furious' sequel '2Fast 2Furious', will model the label's menswear collection.
Wearing one item of clothing at a time -- a shirt with bare legs or trousers with her arms folded over her breasts, Mendes is sure to get men's pulses racing in this latest camapign.
Mendes appearance marks the first time Dolce & Gabbana has chosen a Hollywood star to front their campaigns. The label usually favours waif-like unknowns or celebrity models such as Brazilian Gisele Bundchen, who is Leonardo Di Caprio's girlfriend.
It is not the first ad campaign for Mendes. In 2002, she appeared in an American Express credit card commercial which featured the Sheryl Crow song 'Soak Up the Sun'.
Mendes has been tipped as the next Hollywood big thing. She began her movie career in flimsy horror 'Children of the Corn 5: Fields of Terror' in 1998 before a number of bit parts led her to a role in action film 'Training Day'.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...