Legendary rock DJ Nicky Horne return to Capital with weekend Gold show
LONDON - Former Capital Radio rock DJ Nicky Horne is returning to his broadcasting home to front a weekend show for Capital Radio Gold.
Horne made his name presenting the award-winning rock based shows 'Your Mother Wouldn't Like it', 'Mummy's Weekly' and 'Six of the Best' for 13 years when Capital Radio first launched in 1973.
Horne interviewed some of the biggest musicians of the time including Pink Floyd, David Bowie, John Lennon, Keith Moon, Van Morrison and Led Zeppelin.
He is returning to Capital in April to present a weekend 'Classic Album' show, which will broadcast to 1.4m listeners across the Capital Gold Network.
Since leaving Capital in 1986, Horne has broadcast on every national commercial radio station in the UK, the only DJ to have ever done so. He was most recently a DJ on Jazz FM.
Horne said: "I am thrilled to be 'going home' and being able to play the music I love."
Andy Turner, Capital Gold programme director, added: "The show which will be 'musically hand-built' not 'at the mercy of a machine' will give both Nicky and the Capital Gold Network the chance to play all those legendary album tracks you rarely hear on the radio."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham