Churchill reviews Vic Reeves ad tie
Churchill Insurance is considering terminating its nine-year association with the comedian Vic Reeves after he was charged with drink-driving.
Following an incident on Good Friday, Reeves, whose real name is Jim Moir, was arrested and charged with drink-driving and leaving the scene of an accident.
After details of Reeves' arrest broke in the national press, Churchill decided to pull its current TV ads, which feature his voice. It is now deciding whether to drop the comedian altogether.
A Churchill spokeswoman said the company took road safety very seriously and was reviewing the situation as it was 'extremely concerned' about the incident.
Reeves has provided the voice of the nodding dog brand icon in Churchill's ads for nine years.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Greater)