Churchill reviews Vic Reeves ad tie
Churchill Insurance is considering terminating its nine-year association with the comedian Vic Reeves after he was charged with drink-driving.
Following an incident on Good Friday, Reeves, whose real name is Jim Moir, was arrested and charged with drink-driving and leaving the scene of an accident.
After details of Reeves' arrest broke in the national press, Churchill decided to pull its current TV ads, which feature his voice. It is now deciding whether to drop the comedian altogether.
A Churchill spokeswoman said the company took road safety very seriously and was reviewing the situation as it was 'extremely concerned' about the incident.
Reeves has provided the voice of the nodding dog brand icon in Churchill's ads for nine years.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)