Domino's introduces first 'upmarket' pizza
Domino's is bringing one of its most successful pizzas in the US to the UK as part of the chain's attempts to develop a premium-quality range of products.
The Cheese Steak Melt Pizza is based on the US Philly Cheese Steak Pizza, which launched in 2003.
The product, which will be placed on the menu in Domino's 360 UK outlets this week, uses high-quality steak and fresh dough to provide a more upmarket option to the plethora of independent outlets offering cheap deals.
'Domino's' competitors are at the value end of the market with permanent buy one get one free offers. The objective for Domino's is to differentiate ourselves on quality,' said Robin Auld, brand controller at Domino's.
The launch will be backed by a multimillion-pound TV campaign, part of a 20% increase in Domino's marketing budget for 2005, to £8.5m. The ad has been adapted from an execution developed by JWT in the US.
Domino's is to open 50 further UK outlets this year following growth in the home-delivery market, which has risen in value by 62% to £1.2bn in the past five years. Pizza accounts for 43% of the sector, according to Domino's.
Last month Pizza Hut launched the 4ForAll - one of its flagship US pizzas - in the UK to boost menu flexibility in a bid to bolster sales.
This article was first published on Marketing
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Strategy & Database Marketing Manager - Europe Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, South East England
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...