O2 pushes picture messaging in Ireland with Agency Republic campaign
LONDON - O2 Ireland has launched an interactive digital campaign to promote its picture messaging service.
Standard ads and rich-media executions drive consumers to the site to enter O2's Director's Cut competition.
Users are invited to send a picture message interpretation of a famous movie title to a text shortcode to win a trip of a lifetime to Hollywood. Runners-up receive a selection of O2 handsets and accessories.
Ad creative spells out how to enter the competition. Consumers are able to move a handset over a scene, and take pictures of movie-related imagery within the ad. As the phone hovers over a dinosaur's head, the words 'Jurassic Park' appear, and a snapshot of the sky brings up 'Vanilla Sky'.
The campaign also aims to highlight the value O2's picture messaging packages.
Ads are placed on youth leisure and entertainment sites on destinations including Yahoo!, MSN and oxygen.ie. The campaign will run for five weeks.
The campaign was developed by Agency Republic, which won the £2m digital advertising account last August.
The agency is responsible for online creative and media planning and buying, and its first brief was to launch an online O2 shop.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Corporate Marketing Manager University of Westminster £43, 272 p.a. (incl. L.W.A.), Central London