O2 pushes picture messaging in Ireland with Agency Republic campaign
LONDON - O2 Ireland has launched an interactive digital campaign to promote its picture messaging service.
Standard ads and rich-media executions drive consumers to the site to enter O2's Director's Cut competition.
Users are invited to send a picture message interpretation of a famous movie title to a text shortcode to win a trip of a lifetime to Hollywood. Runners-up receive a selection of O2 handsets and accessories.
Ad creative spells out how to enter the competition. Consumers are able to move a handset over a scene, and take pictures of movie-related imagery within the ad. As the phone hovers over a dinosaur's head, the words 'Jurassic Park' appear, and a snapshot of the sky brings up 'Vanilla Sky'.
The campaign also aims to highlight the value O2's picture messaging packages.
Ads are placed on youth leisure and entertainment sites on destinations including Yahoo!, MSN and oxygen.ie. The campaign will run for five weeks.
The campaign was developed by Agency Republic, which won the £2m digital advertising account last August.
The agency is responsible for online creative and media planning and buying, and its first brief was to launch an online O2 shop.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)