O2 pushes picture messaging in Ireland with Agency Republic campaign
LONDON - O2 Ireland has launched an interactive digital campaign to promote its picture messaging service.
Standard ads and rich-media executions drive consumers to the site to enter O2's Director's Cut competition.
Users are invited to send a picture message interpretation of a famous movie title to a text shortcode to win a trip of a lifetime to Hollywood. Runners-up receive a selection of O2 handsets and accessories.
Ad creative spells out how to enter the competition. Consumers are able to move a handset over a scene, and take pictures of movie-related imagery within the ad. As the phone hovers over a dinosaur's head, the words 'Jurassic Park' appear, and a snapshot of the sky brings up 'Vanilla Sky'.
The campaign also aims to highlight the value O2's picture messaging packages.
Ads are placed on youth leisure and entertainment sites on destinations including Yahoo!, MSN and oxygen.ie. The campaign will run for five weeks.
The campaign was developed by Agency Republic, which won the £2m digital advertising account last August.
The agency is responsible for online creative and media planning and buying, and its first brief was to launch an online O2 shop.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Digital Project Manager (Medical Communications) Premier Media £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, London
- Social Media Copywriter Brand Recruitment £28000 per annum, Northampton