ANM uses behavioural targeting to improve ad relevance
LONDON - Associated New Media is offering advertisers behavioural advertising opportunities across its network of sites, which include the Daily Mail online and This is London.
The digital publishing division of Associated Newspapers announced a deal with behavioural targeting company Revenue Science to let advertisers target audiences based on their interests or previous behaviour.
Revenue Science will offer its Audience Search technology to allow ANM to create audience segments by establishing a set of rules and matching keyword phrases.
The rules-based targeting specifies audience sections based on criteria like frequency of visits to a site, registration data, or geographic location.
Mark Milner, chief operating officer at ANM, said: "It will create more value for our run-of-network inventory and ensures we create high value segments that are not linked to channels. In turn, advertisers can now target their audiences increasingly effectively."
Nick Johnson, senior vice-president and general manager of account strategy at Revenue Science, said: "We have found that behavioural targeting has significant effects on campaign performance -- in fact it has been proven to increase targeted audience composition by over 145%."
ANM has also relaunched its Evening Standard travel destination, This is Travel.
The site features more then 50,000 hotels, and online booking for hotels and flights, including flight price comparison services, delivered form a number of suppliers.
The site features user reviews, written by "people like you" according to editor Natalie Walsh.
The site aims to provide a trusted source of information of hotels across both ends of the market. This is Travel includes a score out of 10 for each venue featured, based on a balance of the positive and negative reviews submitted.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Designer - 6 month contract ADLIB £20000 - £25000 per annum, Somerset
- CRM Manager (1 year maternity cover) f1 Recruitment 50,000, Kensington
- Head of Digital and CRM - entrepreneurial global online brand - Hertfordshire - up to £75K f1 Recruitment Up to £75K depending on experience, Hertfordshire
- Web Development Manager - UK & Ireland - Travel f1 Recruitment £50,000, Surrey