E4 to broadcast round the clock with new daily music strand
LONDON - Entertainment channel E4 is to go fully 24-hour for the first time, with a new music strand 'E4 Music Zone' to broadcast daily from 6am to 2pm.
The seven-hour long show will offer the latest music videos presented by a series of new presenters and will be split up into different programmes such as chart shows, celebrity playlists and new talent shows.
Viewers will also be able to vote for their favourite tracks and text videophone messages for broadcast in the zone.
Julian Bellamy, head of E4, said the show will help develop the channel's interactive services: "It should provide a fantastic test bed to develop the best interactive music services available," he said.
It marks the first time E4 will broadcast 24 hours a day, 365 days a year because the E4 morning slot is usually vacant except when 'Big Brother' broadcasts through the night and day for 11 weeks in the summer.
Andy Duncan, chief executive of Channel 4, said: "The launch of 'E4 Music Zone' is part of our commitment to music across all platforms, with a significant uplift in both the hours and the budget for music programming on Channel 4 itself and our new website."
Duncan said Channel 4 is increasing its music programming budget to £10m in 2005, to broadcast more music shows and events including the first ever O2 Wireless Festival, T4 on the Beach and V Festival.
Channel 4 recently announced E4 will be launching on Freeview at the end of May to coincide with the launch of 'Big Brother 6'.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £20000 - £25000 per annum, Newmarket
- Account Executive - boutique design agency Gabriele Skelton £20000 - £25000 per annum, London
- Internal Communications Manager Barclay Meade £40000 per annum + Benefits, Oxfordshire