3 adds mobile blogging service for customers
LONDON - Video mobile operator 3 has launched its first mobile blogging service, which will let its 3m customers publish pictures and video on their personal websites.
Users can share their images, dubbed by 3 as "My Gallery", with friends and family "by invitation only" on a private website, or show them off to a global audience on a public website. Users can also add pictures from their PC, and manage content, for example they can add their own blog comments.
Graeme Oxby, marketing director of 3, said: "Video mobile technology is all about immediacy, whether it's downloading the latest music video on the move or being the first to share the breaking news from 'Big Brother' with your friends. With My Gallery, you can share your antics straight away with your friends and family without being tied to a PC."
To set up a My Gallery site, customers send a picture or video message and receive a password via SMS to manage their blog site.
My Gallery is powered by technology supplier YoSpace.
David Springall, chief technology officer at YoSpace, said: "3's My Gallery is set to transform blogging from a 'geeky' hobby to a mainstream communication method. The immediacy of this type of web publishing means that people can comment instantly as it happens, on the move."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- PR Account Executive, B2B Tech, London, £22k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 per annum, London
- Director Educational Enterprise Harvey Nash Competitive + attractive benefits, Birmingham
- Brand Manager - Country - Online Gaming Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £70000 per annum, South West London
- Creative Artworker Night Shift Creative Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum + pro rata, Uxbridge