3 adds mobile blogging service for customers
LONDON - Video mobile operator 3 has launched its first mobile blogging service, which will let its 3m customers publish pictures and video on their personal websites.
Users can share their images, dubbed by 3 as "My Gallery", with friends and family "by invitation only" on a private website, or show them off to a global audience on a public website. Users can also add pictures from their PC, and manage content, for example they can add their own blog comments.
Graeme Oxby, marketing director of 3, said: "Video mobile technology is all about immediacy, whether it's downloading the latest music video on the move or being the first to share the breaking news from 'Big Brother' with your friends. With My Gallery, you can share your antics straight away with your friends and family without being tied to a PC."
To set up a My Gallery site, customers send a picture or video message and receive a password via SMS to manage their blog site.
My Gallery is powered by technology supplier YoSpace.
David Springall, chief technology officer at YoSpace, said: "3's My Gallery is set to transform blogging from a 'geeky' hobby to a mainstream communication method. The immediacy of this type of web publishing means that people can comment instantly as it happens, on the move."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on revolutionmagazine.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...