Paul Hayes named as managing director of Times Newspapers
LONDON - News International has promoted general manager Paul Hayes to managing director of Times Newspapers, as part of a major management reshuffle across its Times and News Group Newspapers divisions.
Hayes, who has been general manager of Times Newspapers since 2000, has been replaced by Andrew Mullins, the former marketing director of The Times and Sunday Times and the man behind the launch of the daily's compact edition. A replacement for Mullins is currently being sought.
At the same time, Ian Clark, commercial director of News Group Newspapers since September 2004, has been appointed advertising director of Times Newspapers. The trading, development and online departments will report to him. In addition, Matthew Watkins has been made sales director of the division.
Mike Gordon, commercial director of Times Newspapers, has replaced Richard Webb as general manager of News Group Newspapers. Webb has left the company.
The changes have also affected News International's group managing director Clive Milner, who has had his role broadened. He previously oversaw Times Newspapers and News Group Newspapers, but now has the additional responsibility of IT and Times Supplements, and other group-wide projects.
Milner previously held the position that Hayes now holds, but was promoted to group managing director in January 2004.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...