Paul Hayes named as managing director of Times Newspapers
LONDON - News International has promoted general manager Paul Hayes to managing director of Times Newspapers, as part of a major management reshuffle across its Times and News Group Newspapers divisions.
Hayes, who has been general manager of Times Newspapers since 2000, has been replaced by Andrew Mullins, the former marketing director of The Times and Sunday Times and the man behind the launch of the daily's compact edition. A replacement for Mullins is currently being sought.
At the same time, Ian Clark, commercial director of News Group Newspapers since September 2004, has been appointed advertising director of Times Newspapers. The trading, development and online departments will report to him. In addition, Matthew Watkins has been made sales director of the division.
Mike Gordon, commercial director of Times Newspapers, has replaced Richard Webb as general manager of News Group Newspapers. Webb has left the company.
The changes have also affected News International's group managing director Clive Milner, who has had his role broadened. He previously oversaw Times Newspapers and News Group Newspapers, but now has the additional responsibility of IT and Times Supplements, and other group-wide projects.
Milner previously held the position that Hayes now holds, but was promoted to group managing director in January 2004.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London