Paul Hayes named as managing director of Times Newspapers
LONDON - News International has promoted general manager Paul Hayes to managing director of Times Newspapers, as part of a major management reshuffle across its Times and News Group Newspapers divisions.
Hayes, who has been general manager of Times Newspapers since 2000, has been replaced by Andrew Mullins, the former marketing director of The Times and Sunday Times and the man behind the launch of the daily's compact edition. A replacement for Mullins is currently being sought.
At the same time, Ian Clark, commercial director of News Group Newspapers since September 2004, has been appointed advertising director of Times Newspapers. The trading, development and online departments will report to him. In addition, Matthew Watkins has been made sales director of the division.
Mike Gordon, commercial director of Times Newspapers, has replaced Richard Webb as general manager of News Group Newspapers. Webb has left the company.
The changes have also affected News International's group managing director Clive Milner, who has had his role broadened. He previously oversaw Times Newspapers and News Group Newspapers, but now has the additional responsibility of IT and Times Supplements, and other group-wide projects.
Milner previously held the position that Hayes now holds, but was promoted to group managing director in January 2004.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...