Coty forms beauty arm to lead Beckham launch
Beauty giant Coty is creating an internal division called the Beckham Beauty House to spearhead the global launch of a range of cosmetics and toiletries marketed under David and Victoria's names.
Coty tied up with the Beckhams earlier this year to develop and launch a beauty range.
The first product launch will be a male fragrance brand called Instinct.
Initially, it will be available in selected European markets, before being rolled out globally.
The Instinct range will also comprise a moisturiser, deodorants and other fragrances, which will appear in the coming months.
Coty has also devised a new logo for the Beckhams, which features the initials DVB in a gothic-style font.
It will be the first time that the beauty firm has created a fragrance with a couple or a male celebrity, having previously only been involved in product tie-ups with female stars, including Celine Dion and Jennifer Lopez.
The agreement is intended to help Coty expand its business beyond its traditional strongholds of the US and Europe. The Beckhams will bring a strong appeal in Asia and the Far East.
Coty's international brand portfolio spans the three categories of fragrance, colour cosmetics and skincare, in both the prestige and mass distribution sectors.
Earlier this month, Coty completed its purchase of Unilever Cosmetics International, the international prestige fragrance business, creating what is now the world's biggest fragrance company.
David Beckham already has a number of endorsement deals, including a tie-up with Gillette, which is said to be worth £50m.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire