News Focus: CRM - Nestle embraces loyalty scheme to reach buyers
Nestle Food Services and Young's Bluecrest have adopted a CRM programme designed to help them get closer to customers in the catering trade.
Foodservice Rewards is a loyalty programme that allows manufacturers to collect data on businesses.
David Field, managing director of Nestle Food Services said it hoped to sign up 17-20,000 businesses by next year. "We have been grappling with how to communicate with those customers we cannot reach. The programme allows us to capture all our data in one place."
As well as helping with targeting incentives, the data could be used for trend analysis and market research, he said. Members of the programme can also share business intelligence, he added.
The system is run by motivation company BI and is based on a similar US programme. Caterers collect labels from the outers of products and enter their URNs on a website to collect rewards.
Oliver Davies, general manager of BI said: "This allows the manufacturer to track products from depots through to individual restaurants."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)