News Focus: CRM - Nestle embraces loyalty scheme to reach buyers
Nestle Food Services and Young's Bluecrest have adopted a CRM programme designed to help them get closer to customers in the catering trade.
Foodservice Rewards is a loyalty programme that allows manufacturers to collect data on businesses.
David Field, managing director of Nestle Food Services said it hoped to sign up 17-20,000 businesses by next year. "We have been grappling with how to communicate with those customers we cannot reach. The programme allows us to capture all our data in one place."
As well as helping with targeting incentives, the data could be used for trend analysis and market research, he said. Members of the programme can also share business intelligence, he added.
The system is run by motivation company BI and is based on a similar US programme. Caterers collect labels from the outers of products and enter their URNs on a website to collect rewards.
Oliver Davies, general manager of BI said: "This allows the manufacturer to track products from depots through to individual restaurants."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London