Naked model stars in OgilvyInteractive viral for Sunsilk
LONDON - A naked model and the line 'nice pecs, shame about the hair', is at the centre of a viral push for Sunsilk Styling products, created by OgilvyInteractive.
The viral has been distributed via a simple text email to 55,000 women on the Unilever mailing list. It links to a movie showing a naked man called Max using Sunsilk Styling. But instead of using them on his hair, he starts to rub them over his body and find other somewhat inappropriate uses for a product labelled "anti-drop".
It ends with the line: "Sunsilk. Sensible styling tips and advice for girls."
It is the first viral campaign for Sunsilk, and was released with the aim of engaging younger consumers across Europe, on whom traditional media does not have the same impact.
Other elements of the campaign include a website, that has launched in Belgium, Ireland, Finland and the UK, with a roll out to the rest of Europe during August and September. The campaign will extend to Australia before next year.
Upcoming interactive work will help launch Sunsilk's new Colour Enhancement range as well as support variants in the Wash & Care range.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...