Land Rover backs new Range Rover with mobile game
LONDON - Land Rover is making its first foray into mobile entertainment with the launch of the 'Range Rover Sport Tourer' game, which has been created to promote the model of the same name.
The Ford-owned car company has signed an agreement with mobile specialist Blue Sphere Games, which developed the initiative.
To drive awareness of the game, marketing activity will be generated through a variety of sources. Firstly, individual mobile operators will promote the game in any way they see fit, such as on their websites and via emails to customers. Secondly, Blue Sphere is launching a marketing campaign through the internet.
Land Rover said that the game is the first of many planned for future Land Rover and Range Rover models.
The game itself involves racing a Range Rover Sport Tourer against the clock. The course consists of a grand tour of some of the world's most famous landmarks, including Ayers Rock and Mount Rushmore. Players score points by taking photographs on each trip and overtaking other vehicles.
Phil Popham, Land Rover UK's managing director, said: "The Range Rover Sport is the best-performing and best-handling vehicle that Land Rover has ever built."
He added: "We call it a Sports Tourer, reflecting its ability to effortlessly cover long journeys quickly and comfortably, yet with exhilarating performance. This new game demonstrates these skills in a fun and accessible format and quite literally illustrates our 'go anywhere' attributes."
The Range Rover Sport Tourer is available from £34,995. It is currently being promoted via an integrated marketing campaign, including TV work created by ad agency Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe Y&R.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...