Former Carat MD Mills names media start-up the7stars
LONDON - Colin Mills, the former managing director of Carat, is calling his new agency the7stars. It is the first media agency to launch since Walker Media was created in 1997.
As Campaign revealed earlier this summer, Mills had been formulating launch plans with two other Carat executives -- the former marketing director, Jenny Biggam, and the head of media, Mark Jarvis.
The agency, which takes its name from a pub in Holborn near Carat's headquarters, is due to launch in the next few days. It is backed by private capital rather than by venture capitalists and has offices in Charlotte Street.
"It's a really exciting challenge launching a full-service media agency in today's market," Mills said. "It's going to be tough but we're working hard with a proposition that we believe is relevant to the challenges advertisers are facing today."
The founders hope their experience will enable them to serve medium-sized clients that do not get the service they need from bigger agencies. Mills' background is in planning, Biggam has experience of direct marketing and Jarvis is a formidable negotiator.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Optimisation Manager / Ad & Campaign Operations Manager UCAS Up to £50,000 plus 30-days annual leave, bonus, flexible benefits & pension, London (Central), London (Greater) / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)