William Grant & Sons appoints Lowe Athens for Grant's Scotch Whisky
ATHENS - Independent family distillers William Grant & Sons has appointed Lowe Athens to handle the £2m international account for its Grant's Scotch whisky after a six-way pitch.
Lowe Athens will be working on a new TV, print and poster ad campaign by targeting the young Scotch whisky drinker to help drive sales in key European markets.
The ads will initially run in Greece and Portugal, and if successful will be rolled out across Europe in 2006.
Fiona Burles, global brand director for Grant's at William Grant & Sons, said: "We are looking to capitalise on the strong global growth of Grant's by strengthening the brand's consumer franchise in its key markets through an integrated marketing campaign, which includes a new creative above-the-line solution."
William Grant & Sons has been working on building brand loyalty with a UK push with creative agency, PBC, targeting consumers in England and Wales and Artisan handling PR in Scotland.
The family-owned company, which produces brands such as single malt Glenfiddich, has launched a new malt whisky called Monkey Shoulder with Frank PR targeting the drink at 30- to 40-year-olds.
The campaign was themed around "golf with a twist" and included poker-themed nights in bars and online games.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Global Insight Manager, Digital Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)