Vodafone shifts international media to OMD
LONDON - Vodafone is moving its international media planning and buying business from Carat International into OMD.
The account, which involves co-ordinating and buying international campaigns and sponsorship, has been with Carat for five years.
Sources in local markets said the move is, in part, recognition of the fact OMD has tightened its grip on Vodafone's local market arrangements. Carat's sister agency, Vizeum, recently lost the £120m German Vodafone planning and buying account to OMD, which also plans and buys local media in the UK.
Carat continues to handle Vodafone's business in a number of local markets, including France. Some of the international activity that Carat has planned for Vodafone includes the sponsorship of CNN's Global Office.
Vodafone began to review its local media agency arrangements across Europe at the start of 2003. Some markets, including the UK, have yet to participate in this process.
The company recently revealed its association with David Beckham was coming to an end. The Real Madrid star has been the face of Vodafone Live!'s global activity for three years.
Stephen White, the new-business director of Carat International, said: "Changes are happening but Vodafone is still a client."
Nobody at OMD would comment on the move.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on Campaign
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...