Coca-Cola vending machines to offer mobile content
LONDON - Coca-Cola is to sell games, ringtones, logos and pictures for mobile phones through its vending machines.
Consumers will be able to transfer content directly from the vending machine to their mobile phones via Bluetooth technology.
The Urban Digital Vending terminals, manufactured by Inspired Broadcast Networks, have been tested in Dublin. The machines, aimed at 18- to 25-year-olds, were placed in fitness centres and key retail locations.
An IBN spokeswoman said the development aimed to encourage more consumers to use vending machines, increasing their revenue potential.
'Trials have shown the extra services have doubled the revenue of a traditional vending machine,' she added.
The technology is to be used initially in 200 vending machines across Ireland. If it proves popular, the machines are expected to be rolled out across Europe. The UK and Italy are the next markets slated for the service.
Coca-Cola has been quick to capitalise on technology to attract young consumers. Last year it created music download site mycokemusic.com, which gave away 20m free music downloads to consumers.
Separately, Coca-Cola is seeking a digital agency to undertake a global interactive marketing campaign, which will incorporate a major mobile element.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on Marketing
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...