John Hegarty joins the Creative Hall of Fame
Bartle Bogle Hegarty's chairman and worldwide creative director, John Hegarty, has been honoured with a place in The One Club's Creative Hall of Fame.
Hegarty has been chosen as one of three new members in the 2005 honours list. The others are Diane Rothschild, the vice-chairman of Della Femina Rothschild Jeary & Partners New York, and Cliff Freeman, the founder of Cliff Freeman & Partners New York.
The One Club pays tribute to the most creative minds in advertising and is among the most prestigious awards for creative directors. Members of the Creative Hall of Fame include David Ogilvy, Bill Bernbach and Jay Chiat. Rich Silverstein, the chairman of Goodby Silverstein & Partners, was added last year.
A founder of Bartle Bogle Hegarty, Hegarty's contribution to advertising includes casting the then-unknown Nick Kamen in the Levi's "launderette" spot, as well as his work on Audi and Johnnie Walker. Rothschild is the first woman to be included since 1969 and Freeman is credited with creating ads including "where's the beef?" for Wendy's.
Mary Warlick, the executive creative director of The One Club, said: "Each of these three outstanding visionaries has touched the advertising industry, not simply leaving their mark, but moulding and changing society."
Hegarty said: "The only other two Britons to be honoured are David Ogilvy and David Abbott. It's great to break the David tradition and start a new one."
This article was first published on Campaign
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...