BrainJuicer experiments with webcam research
LONDON - Online research agency BrainJuicer is conducting a webcam vox pop trial to gauge public reaction to products to add value to its research.
According to BrainJuicer, 10% of its panelists have a webcam at home.
Brainjuicer has already carried out research for a Unilever deodorant using the webcam and plans to test a Hasbro toy and a new drink with the technology.
By using webcams, BrainJuicer said it gives research projects additional qualitative insight how a consumer feels about a product.
"The webcam vox pops add a qualitative dimension to our research, bringing it to life," a BrainJuicer spokeswoman said.
If the experiment proves successful BrainJuicer, which positions itself as a qualitative and quantitative research agency, will offer the service to its clients.
Separately, BrainJuicer scooped the Best Methodology prize for its Research Markets paper, presented by founder John Kearon at the ESOMAR congress.
Kearon, a former marketer at Unilever's Elida Gibbs division, set up Brainjuicer in 2000. The agency has done consumer research for big-name clients including Adidas, Kellogg and McDonald's.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...