Sir Frank eyes Lowe as IPG faces sell-off
As the prospect of IPG disposing of some of its assets looms, it has emerged that Sir Frank Lowe is looking at making his advertising comeback and has approached top-level Lowe staff with a plan to back a management buyout.
Lowe is eager to see the agency he founded wrested from IPG and is willing to use his reputation to lend credibility to a breakaway.
Meanwhile, Lowe's management is believed to have been approached by a second, as-yet-unnamed, backer. And Jerry Judge, the network's former chief executive, is also rumoured to be considering putting together a bid - something he strenuously denies.
Buyers have been alerted to the prospect of an IPG sell-off by the maximum value proposal put forward by the shareholder Charles Miller. It calls for IPG to be broken up and its component parts sold off.
Sir Frank Lowe and the Lowe chief executive, Tony Wright, did not return calls.
IPG said: "Selling any of our assets at this early stage of our turnaround makes no sense."
- Analysis, page 6
- Comment, page 40.
This article was first published on Campaign
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...