More advertisers turn to SMS as medium proves its worth
LONDON - The majority of small- and medium-sized companies using text messaging as a marketing tool increased their turnover by 10% or more, according to UK and US research.
The survey, which was conducted by SMS marketing specialist Textalert, found that 72% of SMEs using text messaging reported a rise in turnover of over 10%. It also revealed that 36% of SMEs said that they were intending to use SMS to reach their customers in the next 12 months.
However, Textalert also pointed out that businesses using SMS messaging found that their customers' biggest concern when signing up to a text-alert service was the fear of mobile spam.
Tim Hatton, Textalert spokesman, said: "Businesses are finding that SMS can give them a significant competitive advantage for very little outlay. Compared to other forms of direct marketing, text messaging is cheap, very effective and enjoys the highest recall rate of any advertising channel."
The survey also claimed that 79% of businesses that used SMS said it was more effective than other marketing channels or loyalty tools.
The release of the research marks the launch of Textalert's free guide to SMS marketing (available at www.textalert.com). The survey was conducted in the UK and US. Textalert was set up in 2004 and has offices in London and Boston.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London