More advertisers turn to SMS as medium proves its worth
LONDON - The majority of small- and medium-sized companies using text messaging as a marketing tool increased their turnover by 10% or more, according to UK and US research.
The survey, which was conducted by SMS marketing specialist Textalert, found that 72% of SMEs using text messaging reported a rise in turnover of over 10%. It also revealed that 36% of SMEs said that they were intending to use SMS to reach their customers in the next 12 months.
However, Textalert also pointed out that businesses using SMS messaging found that their customers' biggest concern when signing up to a text-alert service was the fear of mobile spam.
Tim Hatton, Textalert spokesman, said: "Businesses are finding that SMS can give them a significant competitive advantage for very little outlay. Compared to other forms of direct marketing, text messaging is cheap, very effective and enjoys the highest recall rate of any advertising channel."
The survey also claimed that 79% of businesses that used SMS said it was more effective than other marketing channels or loyalty tools.
The release of the research marks the launch of Textalert's free guide to SMS marketing (available at www.textalert.com). The survey was conducted in the UK and US. Textalert was set up in 2004 and has offices in London and Boston.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...