Topshop debuts SMS style guide through Skywire
LONDON - Topshop is tapping into the youth market's obsession with text and picture messaging with the launch of a mobile phone style advice service.
The mobile service, which is an extension of Topshop's existing in-store style advice service, has been developed by luxury and lifestyle interactive marketing specialist Skywire.
The mobile technology enables Topshop customers to interact with the retailer's style advisers. Using their mobile phones, the fashion conscious can book appointments with advisers, receive advice, reserve items and receive picture messages of recommended clothing.
Alex Judd, Skywire managing director, said: "This is a fantastic use of mobile to enhance the unique service that Topshop offers. With the ability to actually see the clothes that the style advisers are recommending while out of the store, it is a great use of technology."
Nicki Tilleard-Haines, Topshop and Topman customer relationship marketing manager, added: "Topshop is delighted to work with Skywire to launch style alerts, a first for the high-street."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Lead Online Communications Officer Adam Recruitment £22000 - £24000 per annum, Wilmslow
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...