Coca-Cola adds penguins to Christmas advertising cast
NEW YORK - Coca-Cola is to add festive penguins to its ensemble of Chrismas advertising characters, which already includes its own version of Santa and a group of polar bears.
Launching across the US, the penguins will join with Santa, who has been used in advertising since 1933, and the polar bears, which were launched 12 years ago, in a newly created advertising, point of sale and packaging campaign under the slogan "Give. Live. Love Coke".
Katie Bayne, senior vice-president of Coca-Cola Brands, Coca-Cola North America, said: "Coca-Cola holiday packaging and commercials have become a tradition that families anticipate each year."
The creative for the TV advertising for the campaign is called "Arctic beach party" and involves the group of bears being awoken by a party being staged by the group of penguins, who then invite them to join in.
It is not known if the ads will be rolled out globally and to the UK.
Last year, in the run up to Christmas, Coca-Cola carried out a global rollout of a spot created by McCann Erickson Madrid featuring a punk version of 'White Christmas'. The ads initially ran in the UK and Spain.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- planning director > ATL > LONDON's BEST collectivo Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits, London