Coca-Cola adds penguins to Christmas advertising cast
NEW YORK - Coca-Cola is to add festive penguins to its ensemble of Chrismas advertising characters, which already includes its own version of Santa and a group of polar bears.
Launching across the US, the penguins will join with Santa, who has been used in advertising since 1933, and the polar bears, which were launched 12 years ago, in a newly created advertising, point of sale and packaging campaign under the slogan "Give. Live. Love Coke".
Katie Bayne, senior vice-president of Coca-Cola Brands, Coca-Cola North America, said: "Coca-Cola holiday packaging and commercials have become a tradition that families anticipate each year."
The creative for the TV advertising for the campaign is called "Arctic beach party" and involves the group of bears being awoken by a party being staged by the group of penguins, who then invite them to join in.
It is not known if the ads will be rolled out globally and to the UK.
Last year, in the run up to Christmas, Coca-Cola carried out a global rollout of a spot created by McCann Erickson Madrid featuring a punk version of 'White Christmas'. The ads initially ran in the UK and Spain.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Studio Manager Periscope Recruitment LLP £30000 - £37000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...