Coca-Cola adds penguins to Christmas advertising cast
NEW YORK - Coca-Cola is to add festive penguins to its ensemble of Chrismas advertising characters, which already includes its own version of Santa and a group of polar bears.
Launching across the US, the penguins will join with Santa, who has been used in advertising since 1933, and the polar bears, which were launched 12 years ago, in a newly created advertising, point of sale and packaging campaign under the slogan "Give. Live. Love Coke".
Katie Bayne, senior vice-president of Coca-Cola Brands, Coca-Cola North America, said: "Coca-Cola holiday packaging and commercials have become a tradition that families anticipate each year."
The creative for the TV advertising for the campaign is called "Arctic beach party" and involves the group of bears being awoken by a party being staged by the group of penguins, who then invite them to join in.
It is not known if the ads will be rolled out globally and to the UK.
Last year, in the run up to Christmas, Coca-Cola carried out a global rollout of a spot created by McCann Erickson Madrid featuring a punk version of 'White Christmas'. The ads initially ran in the UK and Spain.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)