Clothing company finds shock value in launch viral
LONDON – A mail order retailer dedicated to clothing for tall men has used a gruesome online video to grab men's attention as part of its launch campaign.
Alto Clothing's founder Justin Edison said he was "delighted" with the response achieved by the viral video email, which was initially sent to 10,000 men aged between 18 and 30.
The clip was created by Neoco, the agency Alto engaged to set up its website and create a launch campaign. It shows a tall man getting out of a helicopter and waving to the camera, accidentally causing his hands to get chopped off by the blades.
The tagline runs: "Tall people have enough difficulties, now clothing isn't one of them." The clip is also viewable from Alto's website.
The video email contained an invitation to enter a competition via Alto's site to win a helicopter trip and a meal for two.
It was delivered by digital direct marketing specialist eCircle, which reported that the clip was extensively forwarded on and was viewed 250,000 times.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...