Clothing company finds shock value in launch viral
LONDON – A mail order retailer dedicated to clothing for tall men has used a gruesome online video to grab men's attention as part of its launch campaign.
Alto Clothing's founder Justin Edison said he was "delighted" with the response achieved by the viral video email, which was initially sent to 10,000 men aged between 18 and 30.
The clip was created by Neoco, the agency Alto engaged to set up its website and create a launch campaign. It shows a tall man getting out of a helicopter and waving to the camera, accidentally causing his hands to get chopped off by the blades.
The tagline runs: "Tall people have enough difficulties, now clothing isn't one of them." The clip is also viewable from Alto's website.
The video email contained an invitation to enter a competition via Alto's site to win a helicopter trip and a meal for two.
It was delivered by digital direct marketing specialist eCircle, which reported that the clip was extensively forwarded on and was viewed 250,000 times.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)