Campaign: Promotion Works - Utterly Butterly
Brand: Utterly Butterly Client: Dairy Crest Campaign: Utterly Butterly Build a Biplane Agency: Toucan Timing: May-September 2005
Objectives: Utterly Butterly is the number two dairy spread in the UK, aimed mainly at mums with children of primary school age. Its main competitor, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, has declined in recent years, but with an imminent relaunch, Utterly Butterly was keen to defend its number two position and lever its seven-year sponsorship of Europe's only formation wing walking team, the Utterly Butterlys. So a campaign was devised to build awareness and sales of the brand via on-pack and online activity.
Strategy: Agency Toucan devised a competition to build an Utterly Butterly biplane replica as part of the design and technology section of the Key Stage 1 and 2 curriculum. Competition details were enclosed with educational packs and mailed to all 26,000 UK primary schools, which could win a share of £25,000. Regional winning schools were awarded £1,000 first prize, plus a wing walk at a local airshow for a nominated parent or teacher, £500 second prize and £300 third prize.
Competition details were printed on the coverleaf of 1.5 million tubs.
This communication was timed to coincide with education packs arriving at schools. Parents could find out more and children could enter the competition on behalf of their school by visiting www.utterly-butterly.co.uk or requesting an education pack. All elements of the pack could be downloaded from the site.
Results: More than 6,400 schools entered the competition. Wing walks generated media coverage: eight regional TV broadcasts, 76 regional newspapers and 56 regional radio mentions. The schools' prizes were awarded at the commentary box of airshows and wing walk prizes for teachers conducted at airshows, reaching up to 1 million people.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Junior Product Owner / Business Analyst - Mobile Digital Gurus £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, package etc, London