CAREERS: Comment - Recruiting the best graduates as an incentive
Conference and incentive travel is an exciting industry and growing, but despite it being worth pounds 600m a year and offering huge rewards for the dedicated and self-motivated, there is a shortage of people joining the industry.
Conference and incentive travel is an exciting industry and
growing, but despite it being worth pounds 600m a year and offering huge
rewards for the dedicated and self-motivated, there is a shortage of
people joining the industry.
This can partly be attributed to a lack of exposure within
When The Travel Organisation (TTO) approached universities to offer
career guidance, less than 50% responded.
Conference and incentive travel is a service industry, and it needs to
build a strong foundation with quality personnel. The traditional
practice of on-the-job training is no longer good enough.
From our presentations to graduates this year, four will be joining
TTO’s Fast Track programme enabling candidates to reach operations
management level after one year and gain core skills essential to many
industries including customer care, multi-tasked project management, and
international corporate communications.
Few industries offer such rapid career progression. Trainees can take on
a high degree of responsibility, liaise at top management level, and
broaden their horizons with exposure to worldwide travel from day
What other industry offers so much so soon?
This article was first published on Marketing
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...