Daily Telegraph appoints first podcast editor
LONDON - The Daily Telegraph has become the latest newspaper to raise the profile of its podcasting output, appointing its first dedicated editor for the service.
The newspaper has announced that former BBC Radio 5 Live presenter Guy Ruddle is to take the newly created role of podcast editor.
His duties include overseeing the paper's daily podcast of three audio versions of articles, some read by the authors themselves.
Ruddle, who spent seven years in advertising before joining the BBC as a journalist in 1990, said: "Radio and sound has long been considered the most personal medium and the close relationship the Daily Telegraph has with its readers makes it the perfect paper for the intimate nature of podcasting."
John Bryant, Daily Telegraph acting editor, added: "Guy brings a wealth of quality broadcasting experience to an exciting new area of development for the Telegraph. Our podcasts have already been greeted very enthusiastically."
This latest move by the paper follows The Guardian's boosting of its podcast output last month when it recruited Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant to front 12 weekly shows.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...