Waitrose embarks on first interactive TV ad campaign
LONDON - Waitrose has branched into interactive television for the first time, with a service that lets viewers put questions to a nutritionist and receive a free box of cereal bars.
Waitrose is using the service as part of a wider promotion for its Perfectly Balanced range of products.
The interactive commercial has been created by Red Bee Media, based on a spot by Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy. Digital viewers are invited to press a red button advertising free cereal bars.
When they do so, they are taken to the interactive spot, which features scenes from around the world that are related to different products in the Perfectly Balanced range.
It gives viewers daily menu ideas and an email address for a nutritionist who can answer any questions about healthy eating and Waitrose's products. It also illustrates new year offers such as two frozen meals for £4 and details new products in the range.
Stephen Gaunt, marketing manager for Waitrose, said: "Customers who are interested in healthy eating generally want to know exactly what they are eating. So we decided to use interactive TV for the first time to give viewers more details on our 'Perfectly Balanced' range and are looking forward to seeing what the response will be."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Account Manager AF Selection £27,000 - £28,000, Manchester
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...