C4 pushes broadband documentary channel with Bluetooth poster campaign
LONDON - Channel 4 is the first advertiser to sign up for a new series of poster sites on the London Underground that let users download content on their phones using Bluetooth technology.
The poster network is owned by Viacom Outdoor and covers 15 six-sheet poster sites at stations in central London. Channel 4 is using the posters to promote FourDocs, its broadband documentary channel that encourages the public to view and make their own four-minute documentaries.
The FourDocs interactive poster sites will allow commuters to use their mobile phones to download and view one of eight four-minute documentaries filmed and edited by members of the public.
The campaign is also designed to drive traffic to the FourDocs online community. FourDocs is a broadband documentary channel designed by Channel 4 as a place for users to screen their personal fact-based films.
Anyone using the site can upload their own four-minute documentary, which can then be viewed and reviewed by other users. FourDocs also offers archives of well-known documentaries, interviews with famous filmmakers and an archive of copyright-cleared footage, which can be downloaded and incorporated into user's personal films.
The FourDocs campaign went live from Monday and will run for two weeks, before Viacom Outdoor opens up the opportunity to other advertisers. The media campaign, planned by OMD UK and Michaelides & Bednash, will be supported by other standard poster sites on the London Underground.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...