C4 pushes broadband documentary channel with Bluetooth poster campaign
LONDON - Channel 4 is the first advertiser to sign up for a new series of poster sites on the London Underground that let users download content on their phones using Bluetooth technology.
The poster network is owned by Viacom Outdoor and covers 15 six-sheet poster sites at stations in central London. Channel 4 is using the posters to promote FourDocs, its broadband documentary channel that encourages the public to view and make their own four-minute documentaries.
The FourDocs interactive poster sites will allow commuters to use their mobile phones to download and view one of eight four-minute documentaries filmed and edited by members of the public.
The campaign is also designed to drive traffic to the FourDocs online community. FourDocs is a broadband documentary channel designed by Channel 4 as a place for users to screen their personal fact-based films.
Anyone using the site can upload their own four-minute documentary, which can then be viewed and reviewed by other users. FourDocs also offers archives of well-known documentaries, interviews with famous filmmakers and an archive of copyright-cleared footage, which can be downloaded and incorporated into user's personal films.
The FourDocs campaign went live from Monday and will run for two weeks, before Viacom Outdoor opens up the opportunity to other advertisers. The media campaign, planned by OMD UK and Michaelides & Bednash, will be supported by other standard poster sites on the London Underground.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Producer / Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: +package, Manchester
- Junior Account Manager [Direct & Digital Marketing] - Superb Agency - to £27k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £27k + great benefits, Soho. London
- UK Account Director Haymarket Media Group Dependent on experience, Teddington, Middlesex
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London