Sven's Faria Alam goes on Big Brother race rant
LONDON – The former Football Association PA, Faria Alam, sparked a race row in the Big Brother House last night after she claimed that a non-white person would never be allowed to win the show.
The former PA, who was born in Bangladesh and had an affair with the indiscreet England football manager Sven Goran Erickson, was talking to former 'Baywatch' star Traci Bingham and former NBA player Dennis Rodman.
"Do you think they'll ever let a black or Asian girl or guy win this thing? Are you out of your tree? Think about it, darling. Never. Remember that. This country? Oh please! Don't even get me going on that. They would never, they'd be up in fucking arms."
The former model had earlier found herself nominated for eviction on Friday alongside Rodman and former Dead or Alive singer Pete Burns.
Faria's race comments did not go down well with Respect MP George Galloway MP, who has been under fire from his constituents, many whom are Muslim, for appearing on the show.
He rounded on the former PA, saying: "The idea that people who watch this show are bigots is preposterous. Most of the people who've won have been from minorities of one kind or another."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £25000 - £27000 per annum, Southampton