Grey creates dark Valentine's campaign to fight domestic violence
LONDON - Sarah Brown, the wife of Chancellor Gordon Brown, has launched an advertising campaign against domestic violence to mark Valentine's Day.
Brown, patron of domestic violence charity Women's Aid, will highlight the plight of more than half-a-million women who will spend today living in fear of a violent partner.
Women's Aid launched the campaign today because abusive relationships often begin as a flattering display of romantic love.
But along with the chocolates and flowers can come the first dangers of unreasonable jealously and possessiveness, which can soon turn into violent and controlling behaviour.
Brown launched the campaign by posing in front of print and outdoor ads showing Valentine themes with a shocking twist, created by advertising agency Grey London.
One shows a single red rose with a message reading: "Suzy, I told you to shut up you stupid cow. It's your fault I hurt you. Pete."
Another says: "Joanna, I love picking you up in my arms then smashing you against the wall. Dave."
Print ads will appear in national newspapers, while radio ads will appear on Virgin Radio, as well as being podcast on the Daily Telegraph website.
In the first burst of radio ads, a male voiceover describes a sinister message he will be sending to his loved one.
All the ads urge women to end domestic violence by logging on to the Women's Aid website.
Brown said: "Domestic violence remains a taboo issue for many and through this campaign we hope to get everyone, not just those who are in violent relationships, to think and talk about the everyday reality of domestic violence for hundreds and thousands of women every year."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Digital Copywriter AF Selection £16,000-£18,000, Nottingham
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...