Sky Sports drafts in Flintoff for cricket coverage promotion
LONDON - Andrew Flintoff is to front a marketing and promotional blitz for Sky Television's exclusive coverage of English cricket.
Activity featuring the Ashes hero will include a print, online, retail and outdoor poster campaign as well as on-air promotions for cricket coverage and individual matches throughout the summer.
In addition, Flintoff will also feature in a raft of cricket programmes, which will run throughout the summer.
The hiring of Flintoff, who last year was named the UK's coolest celebrity in the Cool Brandleaders annual survey and the BBC's Sports Personality of the Year, shows the commitment Sky is giving to promoting its exclusive deal with the England and Wales Cricket Board.
This gets under way in April and will run for four years, including coverage of England's tests and one-day internationals against Sri Lanka and Pakistan and the first domestic Twenty20 internationals.
The deal also includes live coverage of the county game, including 58 live matches this summer.
Robert Tansey, Sky Sports head of marketing, said: "Flintoff is a huge name in cricket and widely recognised outside the sport. He is exciting to watch, has exceptional talent and represents all that is great about cricket."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...