Sky Sports drafts in Flintoff for cricket coverage promotion
LONDON - Andrew Flintoff is to front a marketing and promotional blitz for Sky Television's exclusive coverage of English cricket.
Activity featuring the Ashes hero will include a print, online, retail and outdoor poster campaign as well as on-air promotions for cricket coverage and individual matches throughout the summer.
In addition, Flintoff will also feature in a raft of cricket programmes, which will run throughout the summer.
The hiring of Flintoff, who last year was named the UK's coolest celebrity in the Cool Brandleaders annual survey and the BBC's Sports Personality of the Year, shows the commitment Sky is giving to promoting its exclusive deal with the England and Wales Cricket Board.
This gets under way in April and will run for four years, including coverage of England's tests and one-day internationals against Sri Lanka and Pakistan and the first domestic Twenty20 internationals.
The deal also includes live coverage of the county game, including 58 live matches this summer.
Robert Tansey, Sky Sports head of marketing, said: "Flintoff is a huge name in cricket and widely recognised outside the sport. He is exciting to watch, has exceptional talent and represents all that is great about cricket."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Planner or Brand Strategist (called Insights Manager internally) Girl Hub. Competitive, Ethiopia (ET)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Brand Partnership Executive - GB Tourism Ireland £28,564 - £34,685 , London
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager Forster c. £40k + benefits, London Bridge Station, London (Greater)
- PR Executive - Maternity Contract AF Selection £24,000 - £30,000, Worcestershire