Sky backs high-definition TV with new website
LONDON - Sky Digital is helping television viewers get to grips with the advent of high-definition TV through a new website, ahead of the launch of its HD service later this year.
Sky hopes to sell 2m HD sets in 2006 despite the fact that an exact launch date, price and full details of the box's functionality have yet to announced.
The site has been designed by AllofUs, and tells visitors what technology they will need to get HDTV, what programmes will be available and invites them to register for more information.
As part of Sky's "feel everything" brand campaign, AllofUs is also behind also created some short ads for the website. The ads were shot as green-screen sequences in order to show the improved picture and sound quality of Sky HD.
Hilary Perchard, head of product marketing at Sky HD, said: "We are launching the website to help new and existing Sky customers to fully understand what HD will offer, demonstrating key product features and encouraging consumers to pre-register."
Sanky, the art director at AllofUs, said: "Sky HD heralds a whole new way of seeing the world, like watching and listening with heightened sensations. Using green-screen allowed us to zoom in on microscopic details to demonstrate what the Sky HD box will be capable of."
Channels that will be part of the Sky HD package from launch include Sky Sports, Sky Movies, National Geographic and Dicovery.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Digital Strategist Direct Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 + bens, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...