McDonald’s serves up local humour in TV sell
McDonald’s has kicked off a humorous Singapore-centric TV initiative to promote its value-added meals. Created by Leo Burnett, the two TV spots feature scenarios depicting ways in which Singaporeans will typically scrimp and save, after a Synovate study showed that Singaporeans are among the biggest savers out of 11 Asian countries.
'ERP' shows a smartly-dressed business executive getting into a taxi, who suddenly develops a stutter while trying to avoid paying a surcharge on the fare to the shopping district of Orchard Road. 'Toothpaste' features a man doing everything he can to squeeze the very last drop out of a tube of toothpaste. "By dramatising simple, everyday scenarios that Singaporeans can easily identify with, the Everyday Value Savers campaign communicates McDonald's everyday value message in an entertaining and engaging way," said Shirley Foenander, VP, marketing and communications, McDonald's Restaurants. Both spots are running on channels 5, 8, U and Suria, with in-store point-of-sale ads. The campaign launched in mid-February and will run until late this year.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...