Tesco set to add 300 Apple zones
LONDON - Tesco is to roll out standalone areas for Apple in 300 of its biggest stores by the end of the year, as it aims to become one of the biggest multimedia retailers.
The retailer was trialling its first dedicated Apple zone in its Milton Keynes store at the start of the year (Marketing, 25 January).
It now hopes to emulate French supermarket Carrefour, a leading player in multimedia sales, on which it is understood to be modelling its tactics.
It has similar dedicated areas and staff trained in multimedia and computing applications.
Tesco is initially extending the Apple trial to six stores as it prepares for a full roll-out.
The Apple area in the Milton Keynes store mirrors the technology brand's high-street outlets. It uses the same point-of-sale materials and sells Apple computers and printers as well as smaller items such as iPods.
The activity has come as Apple seeks to expand its retail presence and Tesco its range of non-food products.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...