Tesco set to add 300 Apple zones
LONDON - Tesco is to roll out standalone areas for Apple in 300 of its biggest stores by the end of the year, as it aims to become one of the biggest multimedia retailers.
The retailer was trialling its first dedicated Apple zone in its Milton Keynes store at the start of the year (Marketing, 25 January).
It now hopes to emulate French supermarket Carrefour, a leading player in multimedia sales, on which it is understood to be modelling its tactics.
It has similar dedicated areas and staff trained in multimedia and computing applications.
Tesco is initially extending the Apple trial to six stores as it prepares for a full roll-out.
The Apple area in the Milton Keynes store mirrors the technology brand's high-street outlets. It uses the same point-of-sale materials and sells Apple computers and printers as well as smaller items such as iPods.
The activity has come as Apple seeks to expand its retail presence and Tesco its range of non-food products.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA