Tesco set to add 300 Apple zones
LONDON - Tesco is to roll out standalone areas for Apple in 300 of its biggest stores by the end of the year, as it aims to become one of the biggest multimedia retailers.
The retailer was trialling its first dedicated Apple zone in its Milton Keynes store at the start of the year (Marketing, 25 January).
It now hopes to emulate French supermarket Carrefour, a leading player in multimedia sales, on which it is understood to be modelling its tactics.
It has similar dedicated areas and staff trained in multimedia and computing applications.
Tesco is initially extending the Apple trial to six stores as it prepares for a full roll-out.
The Apple area in the Milton Keynes store mirrors the technology brand's high-street outlets. It uses the same point-of-sale materials and sells Apple computers and printers as well as smaller items such as iPods.
The activity has come as Apple seeks to expand its retail presence and Tesco its range of non-food products.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on Marketing
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Senior Account Executive fishtank Up to 24,000, United Kingdom
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...