Tesco set to add 300 Apple zones
LONDON - Tesco is to roll out standalone areas for Apple in 300 of its biggest stores by the end of the year, as it aims to become one of the biggest multimedia retailers.
The retailer was trialling its first dedicated Apple zone in its Milton Keynes store at the start of the year (Marketing, 25 January).
It now hopes to emulate French supermarket Carrefour, a leading player in multimedia sales, on which it is understood to be modelling its tactics.
It has similar dedicated areas and staff trained in multimedia and computing applications.
Tesco is initially extending the Apple trial to six stores as it prepares for a full roll-out.
The Apple area in the Milton Keynes store mirrors the technology brand's high-street outlets. It uses the same point-of-sale materials and sells Apple computers and printers as well as smaller items such as iPods.
The activity has come as Apple seeks to expand its retail presence and Tesco its range of non-food products.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1