Tesco set to add 300 Apple zones
LONDON - Tesco is to roll out standalone areas for Apple in 300 of its biggest stores by the end of the year, as it aims to become one of the biggest multimedia retailers.
The retailer was trialling its first dedicated Apple zone in its Milton Keynes store at the start of the year (Marketing, 25 January).
It now hopes to emulate French supermarket Carrefour, a leading player in multimedia sales, on which it is understood to be modelling its tactics.
It has similar dedicated areas and staff trained in multimedia and computing applications.
Tesco is initially extending the Apple trial to six stores as it prepares for a full roll-out.
The Apple area in the Milton Keynes store mirrors the technology brand's high-street outlets. It uses the same point-of-sale materials and sells Apple computers and printers as well as smaller items such as iPods.
The activity has come as Apple seeks to expand its retail presence and Tesco its range of non-food products.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on Marketing
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...