Virgin to promote Ask.com name change
Search engine Ask.com is publicising its name change with an on-air promotional campaign on Virgin Radio.
The site announced last week that it was dropping its mascot, Jeeves. The butler has disappeared from the engine's name and its branding, and the site has been extensively redesigned.
Virgin listeners are being encouraged to experience Ask.com for themselves and to make it their everyday search engine.
Weekday evening DJ Ben Jones is challenging listeners to answer trivia questions to win prizes including a luxury city break, trip to see a top band or a movie premiere.
The marketing campaign also includes a TV campaign with 30 second and 10-second spots, national press work and outdoor advertising on London Underground.
The promotion runs from 6 to 9 March to coincide with the launch of the TV campaign.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Designer Apple & Ink £35,000 , Soho, London
- Project Manager Purple Consultancy £200 - £250 per day, London