Drambuie targets younger market spirits with extreme sports challenge
LONDON - Scottish whisky liqueur Drambuie is holding an extreme sports event in the Scottish Highlands at the end of April to increase the brand's appeal to men aged 25-35.
Drambuie Pursuit, which was devised by Generate, will have contestants competing in a cross-country race between the Isle of Skye and Inverness. The route, which has historical significance for Drambuie, was the one, according to legend, that Bonnie Prince Charlie took when he passed on the drink's recipe to loyal clansmen in return for assisting his escape from the English army in 1746.
Drambuie says the combination of white water rafting, abseiling, mountain biking, kayaking and buggy racing in the Scottish Highlands will appeal to a younger generation of drinkers -- and dispel the myth it is purely for middle-aged men.
Phil Parnell, chief executive of Drambuie, said: "The Drambuie Pursuit is an extremely exciting departure from what Drambuie has traditionally been associated with over recent years. This event allows us to target a younger consumer while staying true to the heritage behind Drambuie."
Rachael Midwood, senior account manager at Generate, said she devised the idea with Andy Muggleton, the company's managing partner.
She said: "This is the first year we've run this competition and all things considered it will rollover year on year and perhaps rollout globally."
The Drambuie Pursuit, which begins on April 28, will comprise 10 teams of four contestants competing for the first prize of a trip to the Monaco Grand Prix on May 28. Full details on how to enrol are available at the Drambuie Pursuit website.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Digital Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £55,000, London
- Brand Leader - FMCG to £60k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £60000 per annum, Switzerland
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London