Opticians call for more eye checks
The College of Optometrists has taken on its first PR agency as it plans a renewed focus on consumer press.
3 Monkeys Communications has been briefed to target national and lifestyle press to position optometrists as the first port of call for eyesight problems.
The agency will use research showing parents' neglect of their eyesight and that of their children. It will remind people that 'there is a specialist optometrist on virtually every high street'.
'If people have a problem with their teeth, they go to the dentist, but the same isn't always true with eyes and optometrists,' said director of comms and member services Beth Elgood.
'Parents tend to send their kids for regular teeth check-ups, but don't do the same for their eyes,' she added.
The college's in-house team, which concentrates on medical and sector PR to raise its profile with practitioners and politicians, decided support was needed for a consumer campaign.
This article was first published on PR Week UK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Intelligence Manager air recruitment Up to £50K dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Planner (Brand Engagement) air recruitment Up to £70K dependent on experience, Central London