Opticians call for more eye checks
The College of Optometrists has taken on its first PR agency as it plans a renewed focus on consumer press.
3 Monkeys Communications has been briefed to target national and lifestyle press to position optometrists as the first port of call for eyesight problems.
The agency will use research showing parents' neglect of their eyesight and that of their children. It will remind people that 'there is a specialist optometrist on virtually every high street'.
'If people have a problem with their teeth, they go to the dentist, but the same isn't always true with eyes and optometrists,' said director of comms and member services Beth Elgood.
'Parents tend to send their kids for regular teeth check-ups, but don't do the same for their eyes,' she added.
The college's in-house team, which concentrates on medical and sector PR to raise its profile with practitioners and politicians, decided support was needed for a consumer campaign.
This article was first published on PR Week UK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...