Electrolux signs on ex-Shell exec
Laura Ashton has left her post as Shell’s consumer lubricants marketing manager, Asia-Pacific, to take up an SVP, marketing role at Electrolux Major Appliances Asia-Pacific.
Ashton's departure from Shell comes amid significant change in the company's regional structure. The reorganisation, according to Ashton, will see Shell's regional operation shift out of its current base in Singapore. In her new role, Ashton will remain in Singapore, replacing Frederik Janson, who is returning to Europe. "There is an increase in the consumption of consumer durables, particularly in markets like China, India and Southeast Asia," said Ashton. "If a company doesn't have a clearly-established brand, then it risks going down the commoditisation track." Electrolux -- which works with Lowe in Singapore -- has kicked off an organisation-wide initiative to move the company towards approaching marketing and consumers in a "more holistic way".
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)